How to Create a Web Application
Nowadays web application development differs with user engagement and extended functionality offered by web apps. Web Applications have evolved to a level where they offer high interactivity and usability, becoming able to compete with native applications.
When you just start thinking of creating a web app for your business, you will probably face lots of various issues connected with building the software. Let’s pay attention to some of them.
So what issue would be the most vital for your web app development project? Obviously, it’s the choice of the right-for-your-project technology stack. It is a very responsible decision to make, as it will constitute the basis on which your app will be based. Please mind that the right tech stack is crucial for you time-to-market. It is particularly important for those who’s looking for an idea to release an app as soon as it is possible to be ahead of the competitors.
If you look forward to be maximum market-competitive, your future software solution will have to demonstrate a high-level usability and the demanded and expected by the users functionality.
Web application development goes inseparably with the web design tasks to solve.Considering the UX in advance is also of great importance, especially if you have nothing to do with the professional design. Deciding on the user experience is highly recommended, as it be very helpful once you come up with scoping out what technologies will be applied for the development of the app, as well as what framework could fit the needs of the web application in the best way. You can fully rely on Code Inspiration’s web design services in solving this challenging task.
Types of Web Apps
Before you start building a web app, you will have to answer to a bunch of questions. One of the things to consider is what type of an app you are going to create. We’d like to pay your attention to the fact that there exist various types of classifications according to different characteristics.
Basing on our experience, we could highlight the following functional types of web applications:
- Web portal. Web portals provide a single point of access to a variety of content and core services. When building a corporate web portal, it is necessary to consider the development of publishing content and access to email features, as well as the functionality for performing financial transactions. Depending on the sphere of operation, there exist B2B and B2C portals. Medical portals provide the possibility to schedule an appointment when planning going to the doctor’s. If it’s a company portal, it will include employee profile database, calendars and planners and lots of other features, from which the portal users can benefit.
- Enterprise web app. Enterprise web apps are aimed at facilitating the daily work with documents, enhancing the team’s internal collaboration, and in this way increasing the productivity of the company’s daily operation. As a usual, they address the needs of such user groups as project teams or given departments. Such type of an app can have different features, still, any of them is devoted to offer an app user cost- and time-saving benefits.
- ERP/CRM (business automation tools). With the market becoming more and more competitive, it would be very forward-looking let innovations provide you with advantages. To make your company’s inner processes well- structured, helpful in reaching the targeted goals business automation tools are applied. So that not to face the off-the-shelf software limitations, often the customized CRM/ERP solutions are developed.
- CMS. CMS (content management system) enables content modification, that’s why it is crucial to make it user-friendly to avoid any difficulties when users interact with it. It used to be that a large part of code was developed for CMS functionality. Currently, Drupal and WordPress have greatly mitigated this problem. So now any CMS can be taken as a base for an application, and any required functionality can be added over them.
- Single Page App. Single-page apps help to keep the user in one, comfortable web space where content is presented to the user in a simple, easy and workable fashion. SPAs are the type of apps that yu actuallu use on the daily basis (they are Facebook, Gmail or GoogleMaps). According to the recent studies, responsive and fast-loading pages are much more attractive for users. SPAs are critical for Travel, eCommerce and eLearning, etc. industries.
Steps to creating a web app
We strongly believe that any web app project requires the organization of a well-structured development process if you are eager to build a digitally transformative feature packed solution.Code Inspiration offers to its clients to create a web app, following an adjusted algorithm that involves such steps as:
- Analyzing the requirements. Long before the development process itself starts, you definitely need to have a maximum clear understanding of your business goals and needs. Have a clear picture of what you do and what you expect to achieve: indicate your brand position, target audience, current and expected customers, and lots of other details. This step is also very important for considering the most appropriate technologies and other details. Only having these questions covered it is possible to begin to write the code.
- Creating the web design. Within a web app development project, be it a website or a portal, it will require some collective efforts of a designer and a software development team. Please mind that visual attractiveness is 100% required, as it is eye-pleasing and catches a user’s eye, still functional web design is also of great importance.
- Back-end development. At this stage, it is necessary to decide on the back-end development tools according to the concrete requirements, expressed by the customer. It is necessary to apply the right-for-your-project development languages (PHP, Java, NodeJS, etc.), as it is the core of your future app.
- Performing testing and deployment. Testing is a must as it is required to check the performance, security and functionality of the new software product. So that to ensure your software runs flawlessly across any device, it is needed to attract a QA specialist or a QA team, depending on how big your project is.
Once the tested and approved software product is released into a live environment, the code is deployed to the production server.
How to get a web app made
Still wondering how to how to build a web application? Why not entrust it to a team of professionals? Rely on Code Inspiration software development and consultancy services and achieve best results. Our expert-level team will help you in building an up-to-date, flawlessly performing web app, as well as help you to minimize time-to-market. Contact us to learn more.